Friday, July 27, 2012

9 Jul 2012: Chowdhury 6th witness cross exam

The session was set to hear the cross examination of the witness, Nirmal Chandra Sharma, the sixth witness to give evidence against Salauddin Quader Chowdhury

Justice Nizam: Mr. Hena, we have heard the examination in chief in one session so cross examination will be continued up to three sessions. You will be given three sessions.

Defence: My lord, I am not ready and willing to conduct the cross-examination today. A night should be given to us for taking preparation. I agree with you but today is not possible to start I will start from tomorrow.

Justice Anwerul Haque: Mr. Chairman has already framed time, you have to start it today and complete it tomorrow.

Defence: I have full respect upon the decision of Chairman but I need 4 sessions.

Justice Nizam: We want set up principles, time of the cross will be doubled from the chief. We have allotted three sessions for cross examination, So, please co-operate with us.

Ahsanul-haq-hena: My lord, I need four sessions.

Justice Nizam: I think, for this chief you need not take more than three sessions. Please start it today. We never expect from you that you will say I am not prepared.

Sallah Uddin quder Chowdhury: My lord, I want to say something. You will be very kind if you allow us this day only as I need to brief my lawyer. And since Mr. Hena said he needs four sessions then he surely complete it within four sessions.
Defence: What did you do in 1971?

Witness: I was running my business.

Defence: Whether you were a teacher or not?

Witness: Yes I was teacher.

Defence: Were you involved in teaching profession in 1971.

Witness: I cannot tell you the exact time.

Defence: In which year you have completed your S.S.C?

Witness: In 1964.

Defence: In which year you completed your B.A?

Witness: I cannot remember.

Defence: When you have completed your LL.B?

Witness: I cannot remember.

Defence: When you have enrolled as advocate as Chittagong Bar Association?

Witness: I cannot say without seeing my papers.

Defence: You are the A.G.P of the present Government.

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: Your brother Bimol is a Village Doctor and he lives in Village.

Witness: It is not true that he is a Village Doctor but he lives in Village.

Defence: What did he do?

Witness: His profession is medicine business.

Defence: Do you live in Town?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: How much property belongs to your father?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Have you got succession certificate?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you take the death certificate of your brother?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you take the death certificate of your mother?

Witness: No.

Defence: You lodged any GD in any police station after the liberation war.

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you know acting magistrate of Rawjaan thana seat in which room of Chittagong Court building?

Witness: I do not.

Defence: Do you have any chamber there?

Witness: Yes I have.

Defence: Did you know Pramila wife of Late Jatilaal Singh and Sobol son of Haripod?

Witness: Yes, I know.

Defence: Are they alive?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: How long distance the house of Ali Chowdhury from your house?

Witness: It may be 300 yards

Defence: This house known as Bakshi ali Chowdhury’s house.

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Danu is alive.

Witness: No, He is not alive.

Defence: Whether his children are alive?

Witness: I do not as I live in town.

Defence: Dr. Makhin Laal Shorma has practiced in Atura Dipo of Chittagong.

Witness: I know he had practiced on medicine but where he practiced I do not know.

Defence: House of Danu Uncle and House of the accused are in same place.

Witness: Not in same place but not too much distance.

Defence: Is he relatives of the accused?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Were you A.G.P (Assistant of Government pleader) ?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you the know managing director Kundeswary Mr. Prafulla Ranjan Sinha?

Witness: Yes, I know.

Defence: Did you meet with him?

Witness: Yes, I have met with him.

Defence: Did you tell him this incident?

Witness: No, I did not tell him.

Defence: House of Hanif Khondoker is in north side of the Rangamati road

Witness: No it is in south side.

Defence: How much distance it is form the Rangamati road?

Witness: It is 100 yard away from the Rangamati Road.

Defence: Whether the vehicles were run in Rangamati road during the Curfew?

Witness: Only the vehicles of Army person were running.

Defence: House of Dulal Shorma is situated Chipatoli Village of Haat hajari Thana?

Witness: No, in Mujafffar Village.

Defence: Name of your area is “Napit para” (barber area)

Witness: It is not true, it is known as Dr. Matilaal shorma’s house.

Defence: Teacher Amrito Shorma, Debendra Shorma, Babu shorma, Shapan, Ashutosh shorma and you are in the same house.

Witness: Yes, we are in the same house.

Defence: Where is the house of Shudangshu Shorma situated?

Witness: It is 100 yard away from our house.

Defence: How long a distance your house is from the Sarter Ghat?

Witness: It is in east side, it is less than one mile.

Defence: There was committed fight with Pakistan Army in Sarter ghat.

Witness: I do not know

Defence: Whether the sound of shooting has been heard from you house?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: If these arms were Stan gun, Rifle, A.K 47 then the sound would have been heard.

Witness: No, still the sound had not been heard.

Defence: Did you know how many bullets come out at a time from the Stan gun?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: If it is Bazooka or Cannon then it will be heard.

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: How long the Pakistan army was in your house?

Witness: It might be 15 or 16 minutes.

Defence: How many rooms in your house.

Witness: There are two rooms.

Defence: Who would look after your house?

Witness: Bimol.

Defence: Bimol knows everything.

Witness: Yes, incident of 13 April and going of India.

Defence: How many times investigation officer has gone to your house and where you have given your deposition.

Witness: I have given my deposition at Circuit house in Chittagong.

Defence: Did you read any book writing on liberation war in Chittagong?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Whether there was any book which is written by mentioning the incident of 13 April.

Witness: I did not see.

Defence: There was no such shop in Sabroom.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Did you give the pass which was issued as refugee during the liberation war.

Witness: This was a pass of 40 years ago, I have lost it.

Defence: Did you file any General Diary in his regard that you have lost it?

Witness: No.

Defence: How long did the barrels of pistol remained above when the Army fired?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: After the Liberation war did you complete the cremation of the remaining part of the dead body after taking out the dead body from the soil where they were buried?

Witness: No, freedom fighter Tufael Ahmed wanted the scull of two dead bodies but I did not give.

Defence: Whether the Freedom Fighter Tufael Ahmed is alive?

Witness: Yes, he is alive.

Defence: You have intentionally told this basically there was no dead body which was burred.

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: Sunil is not killed and not returned from India with you.

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: That is the reason you did not file any GD.

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: You did not file any Complain before this Tribunal and the investigation agency.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: You always intentionally hide Bimol though he knows everything.

Witness: It is not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment