Sunday, February 17, 2013

23 Oct 2012: Mollah 12th witness cross exam day 4

After hearing the two applications and passing the orders, the cross examination of the investigation officer Abdur Razzak Khan continued in the case of Mollah following on from the previous day
Defence: When you have started the investigation and when did you finish the total investigation?

Witness: I have started the investigation since 21.7.2010 and have finished on 27.8.2012.

Defence: You have used one Case diary in this case. Isn’t it?

Witness: Yes one diary but it has 24 volumes.

Defence: When you have closed the Case Diary?

Witness: On 26.9.2012.

Defence: Have you interviewed any family member of Osman Goni?

Witness: No. Because I didn’t find any close relative of his during my investigation.

Defence: Have you asked any family member of Golam Mostofa?

Witness: I have interviewed Morjina Begum who is family member of martyr Golam Mostofa.

Defence: Did you go to the house of witness Amir Hossain Molla?

Witness: No.

Defence: Have you ascertained that was electricity or not in the place of occurrence is Alubodi?

Witness: No.

Defence: Have you ascertained that, how far away is Alubodi from Duaripara?

Witness: It is 1/1.5 k.m. by the direction of east north.

Defence: How far away from Duaripara to Turag river?

Witness: I can’t say exactly.

Defence: Have you ascertained that, how far away is Alubodi from Mirpur?

Witness: It is situated west north corner.

Defence: You stated that you have gotten Alubodi to Duaripara is 1/1.5 k.m. away. Do you get by sketch map?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: You stated that Alubodi is situated by east north corner to Duaripara.You give such false statement.

Witness: it is not true.

Defence: Actually you did not go to the Alubodi.

Witness: it is not true.

Defence: Have you ascertained that was there any canal around the Duaripara in 1971 during your investigation.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Have you ascertained that was any mark of boundary in the bank of Turag River in 1971?

Witness: I have could not that because I have not gotten any person, who lived that place.

Defence: You stated that you made a sketch map of Turag River. Did you make this by yourself or any other help?

Witness: I made it.

Defence: What source you have used for the seized books “sun set at mid-day” and “Jibone Ja Dekhlam”?

Witness: Henceforth, Sagor Publishers is an old library, so that I have assumed that and go there.

Defence: How many volumes are there in “Jibone Ja Dekhlam”?

Witness: 8 volumes.

Defence: I suggest that, you did not seize anything apart from such 2 books during your investigation.

Witness: I have seized many other books but due to this case I have seized only such 2 books and exhibit before the tribunal.
Defense Council Abdus Sobhan Torafder tells the tribunal that he is taking more time that he should for questioning as he is not prepared and seeks time for preperation. The tribunal gives time to him and declares the morning session is adjourned at 12.30 p.m. and the next session will be held at 2 p.m.
Defence: How many victims families did you find during the time of investigation in Duaripara village?

Witness: Four families.

Defence: Which families are those?

Witness: Family of Md. Shakhawat Hossain, family of Hazi Abdul Gafur, family of Fariduzzaman and family of Amir Hossain Mollah.

Defence: How many victims families did you find during the time of investigation in Alokdi village?

Witness: Eight families.

Defence: Which families are those?

Witness: Family of Shafiuddin Molla, Abdus Sattar Molla, Mosammat Rekha, Joynuddin, Hazi Abdur Rauf Molla, Rafique Bepari and Jalil Uddin Bepari.

Defence: Whom did you examine of the family of Abdus Sattar Molla?

Witness: No one.

Defence: Who is the victims in Shafi Uddin Molla’s family?

Justice A.T.M Fazle Kabir: He has given witness in this Tribunal, so it is not needed for I.O to say about it. If you have any contradiction, you can say.

Defence: Did P.W.1 Shafi Uddin Molla say to you that “I was involved then with Chatra League and all of my family members were involved with Awami League?

Witness: May be he said but I did not record it.

Defence: I have strong objection about saying “may be” of a formal witness.

Justice Obaidul Hassan: There is no problem in it.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell you that “Advocate Zahir Uddin was the candidate of Awami league and his symbol of election was “Boat (Noyka)”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell you that “Professor Golam Azam was the candidate of Jamaytee Islami?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “I worked in favor of Advocate Zahir Uddin in the election”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “Quader Molla worked in favor of Professor Golam Azam in the election”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “I knew Quader Mollah at that time”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “we took training for freedom fight in the village”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “Pakistani Army attacked in our village and we were in the village at that time”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “I hide myself in a hole beside our village and saw some dead bodies fallen in the land”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “Force of Quader Mollah called the people who were cutting paddy in the field and told them to stand serially?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “I saw Quader Mollah to talk with Pakistani Army in Urdu language but I did hear from distance what they said”?

Witness: He did not tell it to me.

Defence: Did P.W.6 tell to you that “A rifle was in the hand of Quader Mollah and he fired with Pakistani army by this rifle upon unarmed Bangali by this rifle”?

Witness: Yes, he told it to me.

Justice A.T.M Fazle Kabir: Next date of this case is 31st October 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment